UNDATED -- The BOK Center made the top 10 in ticket sales in the U.S. for the 2010, according to Pollstar magazine. The Tulsa arena was in the top 25 venues worldwide – ranking in as number 23.
It is the second full year of operation for the BOK Center and its second time to make the top 10 list in Pollstar rankings.
"We are very grateful for the continued success after two and a half years. The support and interest in the building from Tulsa and the surrounding communities is remarkable, and I'd like to thank the ticket purchasers who helped us accomplish this ranking," said John Bolton, general manager.
11/16/2010 Related Story: Tulsa's BOK Center Nominated For 'Arena Of The Year'
"2011 is shaping up to be another strong year with great tours and we look forward to sharing the excitement with our fans."
Top 10 nationwide arenas (with ticket sales):
1. Madison Square Garden Arena – New York, NY – 1,152,792
2. Staples Center – Los Angeles, CA – 650,553
3. American Airlines Center – Dallas, TX – 518,646
4. Philips Arena – Atlanta, GA – 508,267
5. Sprint Center – Kansas City, MO – 482,842
6. Bridgestone Arena – Nashville, TN – 447,099
7. Well Fargo Center – Philadelphia, PA – 412,594
8. The Palace of Auburn Hills – Auburn Hills, MI – 398,694
9. Oracle Arena – Oakland, CA – 374,640
10. BOK Center – Tulsa, OK – 360,871
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave
Tulsa, OK 74103
TULSA'S OWN TM
GREEN COUNTRY'S OWN TM
Oklahoma’s Own NewsOn6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state including Tulsa’s Own and Green Country’s Own.