The News On Six has been flooded with emails asking where to find stations that sell 100% gasoline.
"I've checked my mileage before on ethanol and I was getting about 22.2 miles to the gallon. I just had my first tank and it came out about 24.1 so I improved my gas mileage with regular gas by 10%," said Carl Quist.
Although every gas station is required to label pumps that serve ethanol gasoline blends, there is no list available that reports all of the stations in Green Country that offer pure gasoline.
So why is this?
Newson6.com anchor Margaret Stokes contacted both the Oklahoma Corporation Commission and Triple-A. Both say most gas stations are independently owned which means it's possible for them to switch to a blend at any time. That makes it impossible to post an accurate list of stations that offer 100% gas.
Kenny Bippus owns the Shell station at 41st and Yale. Kenny says after pressure from suppliers, he agreed to sell one grade of gasoline with ethanol, but he discourages his customers from using it.
"The first effect immediately is the gas mileage, it reduces it up to 15 or 18%. The second effect, over a period of time, it causes you to lose power in your vehicle. It clogs up your fuel filters. It can eat your injector seals. Anything that has to do with rubber, it starts eating on them," said Kenny Bippus.
"I'm paying $3.95 here. $3.79 is what they're charging for ethanol. So, the ethanol would have to be 10% less than the $3.95 to equate to the mileage I'm improving by going to regular gasoline. So, that would bring it down to about $3.65 so I'm actually saving about 15cents a gallon by burning regular gas," said Carl Quist, who prefers pure gasoline.
"If I see somebody pull up to the pump, if I can, I go down and tell them you're getting ready to put ethanol in your tank are you sure you want to do that? Then I explain to them that the V-Power is 100% gas or the regular. They're better off buying just regular gas than our Unleaded Plus with ethanol in it," said gas station owner Kenny Bippus.
Oklahoma has a total of 25 fuel inspectors according to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. There is simply not enough personnel to make calibration checks at every retail station.
The best idea is to look at your vehicle owner's manual to see if ethanol will work in your car.
"I've been in here for about 20 years and my customers are just like family to me. I've always stood behind everything I sell so why would I sell them a product that's going to eventually ruin their car or make their car not perform as well? Plus, cost them money in the long run," said station owner Kenny Bippus.
If you know of a station that sells 100% gasoline, email Margaret Stokes.
List of Stations Selling 100% Gasoline (07/22/2008)
* Shell Station at 41st and Yale in Tulsa
* Sinclair on W. Edison in Gilcrease Hills West shopping center
* Phillips at 21st and Lewis
* The Texaco at 21st and Lewis
* Phillips (Paradise Car Wash) at 71st and Mingo
* Moe's Citgo at 547 S Lewis Ave
* Sinclair Station at Pine and Sheridan
* Phillips 66 Food Plaza, 12602 East 31st Street, Tulsa
* S&S Groceries, located at 3304 W. 61st Street in Tulsa
* Quick Stop 3872 Southwest Blvd
* Kwick Stop at 4th and yale has real gas
* Moe's at 6th and lewis
* Paradise Bay, 71st & Mingo, Tulsa
* Kwick Stop at 4th and Yale in Tulsa sell 100 % gas.
* McKay's Conoco, 3344 E. 31st (Jamestown, just E of 31st & Harvard)
* J-Food Mart at 604 W. Main Jenks
* Jim's One Stop at 131st and Elm Plc. (161st E. Ave.)
* Phillips 66 at 131st and 145th in Broken Arrow, OK
* Conoco at 81st & Elm in Broken Arrow
* Five-Eleven Convenience Store, 1535 So. Main Broken Arrow
* Tiger Express 81st & Lynn Lane in Broken Arrow
* Shell by the Ferguson Superstore in Broken Arrow
* Jim's One Stop, 8221 S. Elm Broken Arrow
* One is Stop and Go at 1437 E. Kenosha in Broken Arrow.
* Stop-N-Go @ 71st (Kenosha) & N 14th St., Broken Arrow (dup?)
* Peep's on E. 71st west of 273rd East Ave
* Peeps - 71st Street @ Midway Road Station (dup)
* Convenience store at Hwy 97 and Shell Creek Rd., north of Sand Springs
* The Stop and Save at Hwy 97 and Shell Creek Rd (dup?)
* BIG Al's Station, 4 miles north of 412 Hwy on 209 West Ave
* Tank-N-Tummy Phillips 66 station highway 412 and Old Keystone Road
* John's Berryhill Food Mkt, 3031 S 65th West Ave Tulsa
* MJK Phillips 66 at 15275 S. Memorial Dr. in Bixby
* Sinclair Station in Glenpool, OK 1/2 mile east of hwy 75 on 141st St
* Royal Trip Glenpool Oklahoma 141st and Hickory
* There are two Conoco stations in Mannford both are called Jiffy Trip, 1 before the light and 1 right at the light in town
* View Mini mart 96th ST N and 145Th E ave. Owasso
* Shell Station in Owasso off 86th st North
* Gas-N-Go on the intersection of Highway 20 and Highway 75 outside of Skiatook
* Mister Bass - Sinclair Station in Skiatook
* Mr Bass in Skiatook (dup?)
* Phillips 66 at 2557 SE Washington Blvd in Bartlesville
* Mo's corner at 15th and Main in Collinsville
* Miller's in Collinsville
* (Miller's) Sinclair - 137 S 5th St # B, Collinsville, OK (dup?)
* Phillips in Claremore on Hwy 88 near RSU
* Smitty's Convenience store on N. 66 Hwy, Claremore
* O.D.'s Fast Stop Phillips 66 at Blue Starr and Chambers in Claremore
* Phillips 66 at Blue Starr Drive and Hwy 88 in Claremore (dup?)
* The Sinclair station on HW 66 just north of Blue Starr in Claremore
* Tacora Mart- Hwy 88, north of Claremore by Oologah Lake
* "The Little Store"Sinclair Station at 219 South Wood Dr. in Okmulgee, OK
* Sinclair gas station at 8th st. and hwy 75 in Okmulgee
* Kelch's Sinclair Station, Hwy. 75 and Trudgeon St. in Henryetta, OK
* Tiger's Food Mart at 1243 E. Main in Cushing, OK
* Bill's E-Z Out at 1107 E. Main in Cushing, OK
* Country Corner in Morris, OK on Highway 52
* Les's Service Station 306 W Caddo in Cleveland, Ok
* Pit Stop, 102 North Main Street Jennings, OK
* Diamond Rio Convenience store W. of Vinita
* Rancher Convenience Store & Deli 434115 E Hwy 66 in Vinita
* Conoco gas station on Highway 412 West Siloam Springs, OK
* Crazy Ricks on Oklahoma highway 59 in west Siloam springs
* Tee Pee Smoke Shop 28314 E. 6TH ST. YALE , OK 74085
* Zigeez Phillips 66 station at 421 N Main in Bristow
* Rascals in Haskell
* HILLCREST GAS & DELI in Verdigris on N. Hwy 66
* Hillcrest gas station HWY 66 in Verdigris
* Miller Bros in Dewey
* Mike's Day & Nite # 6105 South Mickey Mantle in Commerce
* Fast Trax - Hwy 69 and Prestolite Road - Wagoner Oklahoma
* ROCKY POINT TRADING POST IN WAGONER,OK
* Roy's Market (Conoco)502 Plato Rd in Duncan
* 4 Mile Stop in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma
* Champlain's Sinclair, Tahlequah, Oklahoma
This list is subject to change without notice. You should always check the pump before filling up.
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave
Tulsa, OK 74103
TULSA'S OWN TM
GREEN COUNTRY'S OWN TM
Oklahoma’s Own NewsOn6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state including Tulsa’s Own and Green Country’s Own.