1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in NEWS ON 6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.NewsOn6.com/contests. Employees of NEWS ON 6 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS ON 6 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. All previous storm shelter and/or safe room winners from any giveaway conducted by News On 6, News 9, the Tulsa CW and/or FlatSafe Tornado Shelters, are not eligible for this contest.
4. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
5. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
6. How to enter: Participant's may enter Trav's Storm Shelter Giveaway (2014) by watching News On 6 @ 10p every weeknight starting Monday, April 21, 2014 and ending Wednesday, May 21, 2014. A cue to call will be displayed during News On 6 @ 10 giving the viewer the contest phone number, daily keyword and winning caller number. When the cue to call is shown, viewer must call the contest phone with the correct keyword and be the correct caller number to win. Standard telephone rates may apply.
7. Last Chance Drawing: One (1) prize will be awarded through the Last Chance Drawing. Participants may enter Trav's Storm Shelter Giveaway (2014): Last Chance Drawing by completing the online contest registration form located at www.NewsOn6.com/StormShelter. Deadline to enter is May 25, 2014 @ 11:59pm (CST). Winner will be chosen, by random number generator, and will be contacted by phone on or before 5:00p.m., Friday, May 30, 2014. Only one (1) entry per person, per day, will be accepted for the Last Chance Drawing.
8. Alternate form of Entry for Last Chance Drawing: Participants may submit a postcard entry via mail or delivery to NEWS ON 6: TRAV'S STORM SHELTER GIVEAWAY (2014), 303 N. Boston Ave., Tulsa, OK 74103. Postcard entry must include participant's name, age, address, town, phone number and email address (include "None" if there is not an email address). Deadline to enter by Alternate Form of Entry for Last Chance Drawing is May 23, 2014 @ 4:00pm (CST). All valid entries received will be included in the Last Chance Drawing, as defined above. No more than one (1) entry, per person, per day, will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
9. Prize: 4-6 Person Galvanized Certified FlatSafe Tornado Shelter and one (1) pre-install evaluation, to be conducted by a third party selected by News On 6 (Total Approximate Prize Value: $3,330). One (1) prize will be given away during News On 6 @ 10pm (CST) each weekday during promotional period and one (1) prize will be given away through the Last Chance Giveaway. Therefore, a total of 24 prizes will be given away during promotional period.
10. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS ON 6, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
11. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of NEWS ON 6 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
12. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
13. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time, for any reason and without notice.
14. NEWS ON 6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
15. If the prize winner cannot be notified within three (3) days of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
16. No substitution or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed. Transfer is subject to terms as provided herein. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by NEWS ON 6 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
17. Transfer: In the event winner rents or leases their home, rents an apartment, does not have the required specs for installation of a shelter, or for any other reason deemed appropriate by Winner, Winner shall be entitled to designate an alternative individual to accept possession of the prize ("Winner's Designate"). Such Winner's Designate must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, must own their own home and shall be subject to the same requirements as Winner in order to accept prize. In the event that Winner's Designate is excluded from taking possession of the prize, for any reason (i.e. does not own their home), then the prize is forfeited and neither the Winner or Winner's Designate shall have the right to designate an alternative individual to accept the prize.
18. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner, Official Rules and IRS Form W-9 ("Documents") provided by NEWS ON 6. The signed Documents must be received by NEWS ON 6 within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS ON 6 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
19. Pre-Install Evaluation: As part of the prize, Winner/Winner's Designate will receive one (1) Pre-Install Evaluation to be conducted by Stresscon Incorporated. It is the sole responsibility to contact and schedule the pre-install evaluation prior to installation of prize.
20. Installation: The Winner/Winner's Designate is responsible for contacting FlatSafe Tornado Shelters to schedule installation. Winner/Winner's Designate must contact FlatSafe Tornado Shelters occur on or before December 31, 2014. Winner/Winner's Designate or prize will be forfeited. Installation depends on availability and is subject to change due to weather, scheduling conflicts, etc.
21. Installation Fees: If applicable, Winner/Winner's Designate will be responsible for applying and securing any and all permits, licenses, applications or other documentation which may be required by the town or city where the shelter is installed. However, Griffin Communications/News On 6 will reimburse Winner/Winner's Designate for any permits, licenses, applications or other documentation, up to a maximum of $50.00 per Winner/Winner's Designate. To request reimbursement, Winner/Winner's Designate must complete and submit to Griffin Communications, a "Reimbursement Form" and a copy of the receipt, canceled check or other proof of payment. Such request must be delivered to Griffin Communications/News On 6 within thirty (30) days of purchase. If a reimbursement request is received after thirty (30) days, such request will be denied.
22. Additional Fees: In the event winner incurs additional fees and/or charges for the installation of prize, it will be the sole responsibility of Winner/Winner's Designate.
23. Taxes: Winner will be responsible to pay any and all taxes, federal and state, which may be assessed. Griffin Communications, as parent company for News On 6, will issue a 1099 for the 2014 Calendar Year, to winner, for the total value of prize, plus any amount Winner receives as reimbursement for permits, application fees or licenses. In the event Winner receives a prize from any other contest(s) sponsored by Griffin Communications, News On 6 or any of their subsidiaries, during the 2014 calendar year, all prize values will be combined and Winner will only receive one (1) 1099 for the 2014 calendar year.
24. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
26. Complete rules are available at NEWS ON 6 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.NewsOn6.com/stormshelter.