1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in NEWSON6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of NEWSON6 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWSON6 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. How to enter: Participant's may enter the Safe Room Giveaway by watching News On 6 @ 10p every weeknight starting Thursday, April 25 and ending Wednesday, May 22, 2013. A cue to call will be displayed during News On 6 @ 10 giving the viewer the contest phone number, daily keyword and winning caller number. When the cue to call is shown, viewer must call the contest phone with the correct keyword and be the correct caller number to win. Standard Telephone Rates may apply
6. Prize: One (1) 4' x 4' above ground Jim Giles Safe Room (Approx. Value: $4,650). One (1) prize will be given away on-air each week day during promotional period of April 25-May 22, 2013. One (1) prize will be given away through the alternate form of entry. Therefore, a total of twenty-one (21) prizes will be given away during the 2013 Safe Room Giveaway.
7. Alternate form of Entry: There will be one (1) safe room given away through the alternate form of entry. The viewer may enter through alternate form of entry by completing the online contest entry form at www.newson6.com/saferoom. Only one (1) prize will be awarded from all of the entries received through the alternate form of entry. Deadline to enter is May 31, 2013 @ 11:59 p.m. The winner will be chosen by random number generator and will be contacted, by phone or email, on or before June 5, 2013. Only one (1) entry per person, per day, will be accepted for the Last Chance drawing. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
8. Alternate form of Entry for Alternate form of Entry: Participants may also submit a postcard entry via mail or delivery to NEWS ON 6: 2013 Trav's Safe Room Giveaway, 303 N. Boston, Tulsa, OK 74103. Post card entry must include participant's name, age, permanent address and contact phone number. Entries must be received by 4:30 p.m. on May 22, 2013 and will be added as an entry to the Alternate Form of Entry noted above. No more than one (1) entry, per person will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
9. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWSON6, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
10. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of NEWSON6 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
11. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
12. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
13. NEWSON6 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
14. If the prize winner cannot be notified within three (3) days of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
15. No substitution or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed. Transfer is subject to terms as provided herein.
16. Transfer: In the event winner rents an apartment, rents a house and/or winner does not personally own their home, winner shall be entitled to designate an alternative individual to accept possession of the prize ("Winner's Designate"). Such Winner's Designate must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, must own their own home and shall be subject to the same requirements as Winner in order to accept the prize. In the event that Winner's Designate is excluded from taking possession of the prize for whatever reason (i.e. does not own their home), then the prize is forfeited and neither the Winner or Winner's Designate shall have the right to designate an alternative individual to accept the prize.
17. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner, Official Rules and IRS Form W-9 ("Documents") provided by NEWSON6. The signed Documents must be received by NEWSON6 within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWSON6 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
18. Installation: The Winner/Winner's Designate is responsible for contacting Jim Giles Safe Room to schedule the installation of prize. Contact by Winner/Winner's Designate must occur on or before September 30, 2013 or prize will be forfeited. Installation depends on availability and is subject to change due to weather, scheduling conflicts, etc.
19. Installation Fees: If applicable, it will be the responsibility of the Winner/Winner's Designate to apply for and secure any required permits, licenses, applications or any other documentation required by the town or city where the safe room will be installed. Winner/Winner's Designate will be required to pay any and all fees up front for the application/permit. However, Griffin Communications/News On 6 will reimburse Winner/Winner's Designate for any required permits, licenses, applications or any other payments incurred for installation. Winner/Winner's Designate will be required to complete a "Reimbursement Form" and proof of payment to Griffin Communications/News On 6 within thirty (30) days of purchase.
20. Additional Fees: In the event there are other, unforeseen installation fees, it will be the responsibility of the Winner/Winner's Designate to pay.
21. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
23. Complete rules are available at NEWSON6 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.newson6.com.