Oven Roasted Pecan Crunch Catfish and Asparagus
Use fresh oregano or parsley instead of thyme in the quick breadcrumb topping, if you like.
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 365 Everyday Value® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for pan
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce each) catfish fillets
Preheat oven to 425°F. Put breadcrumbs, pecans, 2 teaspoons thyme, 1 tablespoon oil, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Set aside. Toss asparagus with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil, remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl and spread it in a single layer on a large oiled baking sheet. Scatter one-quarter of the breadcrumb mixture over the asparagus and arrange catfish over asparagus. Press remaining breadcrumb mixture on top of catfish fillets. Roast until catfish is cooked through and asparagus is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to plates.
Serve with a fresh spring lettuce mix salad and a vinaigrette.