Carbon Monoxide At Tulsa Middle School - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Carbon Monoxide At Tulsa Middle School

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters responded to Byrd Middle School Monday morning because of carbon monoxide problems. Firefighters responded to Byrd Middle School Monday morning because of carbon monoxide problems.

NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- Firefighters responded to a Tulsa middle school Monday morning because of carbon monoxide problems.

Firefighters with the Tulsa Fire Department were sent to Byrd Middle School at 7502 East 57th Street at about 11:00 a.m.

Construction is underway on the school's north gym. Tulsa Public School spokesperson Tami Marler said a construction worker began experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms.

Marler said the worker was using a gas power washer in an area without adequate ventilation.

Firefighter Tim Smallwood said the worker was taken to a Tulsa hospital.

Smallwood said firefighters found a CO reading of 55 PPM in the construction area.

No one was evacuated because the construction area was already closed off.

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.