Flammable Liquid Caused Fatal Mayes Co. House Fire
PRYOR, OK -- The state Fire Marshal's Office says a flammable liquid spread in the bedroom of a rural Mayes County home last month, was the cause of a fatal fire.
Thirty-nine-year-old Michael Cobb died in the blaze on April 28.
Cobb's body was found after firefighters had extinguished the house fire.
A report from the state Fire Marshal's Office says the liquid was lit after being spread in the master bedroom of the home.
State officials were asked to investigate the fire and last week said the fire which destroyed the home was arson.
The cause of Cobb's death is still pending with the state Medical Examiner's Office.
Friends of Michael Cobb have established a memorial fund to benefit his 6-year-old twins. Donations can be made at the RCB Bank branch in Pryor.