Tulsa House Fire Claims Life Of Elderly Man
TULSA, OK -- A 69-year-old man has died after a house fire in Tulsa overnight.
Tulsa firefighters were dispatched shortly after 2 a.m. Tuesday to a home in the 3900 block of East Admiral Place.
When firefighters entered the home, they found the man just inside the front door on the floor. The victim was taken outside and firefighters began CPR, but could not revive him.
The victim's name has not been released.
In addition, one Tulsa firefighter had to be treated for smoke inhalation, but fire officials say he will be okay.
Tulsa Fire investigators say the fire did not appear suspicious in nature. Investigators are trying to determine if it was sparked by a lightning strike. There were no working smoke detectors in the home, firefighters say.
Crews will be canvassing the neighborhood near the fatal fire Tuesday evening. Firefighters will be available to answer any questions and will be checking and installing smoke detectors.