Funny Face Cheeseburgers and Zucchini Fries
1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
1/4 cup(s) ketchup
1/4 cup(s) onion(s),minced
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 spray cooking spray
3 oz Kraft Free Singles American Cheese (four 3/4 oz slices)
1/4 cup(s) carrots, thickly shredded
2 small olives, black, pitted and sliced into 4 pieces each
1 tbsp sweet red pepper(s), cut into 4 small triangular pieces
1 tbsp cucumber(s), cut into 4 small smile shapes
• In a medium bowl, combine beef, ketchup, onion, salt and black pepper until well-blended. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
• Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add burgers and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side until cooked through.
• Place a slice of cheese on each burger. Cover skillet and cook over low heat until cheese starts to melt, about 30 seconds. Remove burgers to plates and decorate with carrot hair, olive eyes, red pepper noses and cucumber smiles. Yields 1 burger per serving.
4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp table salt
3/4 cup(s) dried bread crumbs, panko-variety suggested
2 medium zucchini, about 7-inches each, cut into 4 chunks, then each chunk halved
2 large egg white(s), whipped until frothy (almost soft peaks)
• Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix together Italian seasoning, flour and salt. Place bread crumbs in another small bowl.
• Dredge a zucchini fry in flour mixture and then dip into egg whites; dredge in bread crumbs. Place coated zucchini on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining ingredients; liberally coat with cooking spray.
• Roast, turning once, until desired crispness, about 12 minutes. Yields about 8 fries per serving.