Heater Sparks Tuesday Morning Tulsa Business Fire - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Heater Sparks Tuesday Morning Tulsa Business Fire

Posted: Updated:
The fire was at Facet International at 9910 East 56th Street North The fire was at Facet International at 9910 East 56th Street North

NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- The Tulsa Fire Department says an early morning business fire was caused by improper storage of material. 

Firefighters were called to Facet International at 9910 East 56th Street North at around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday to find smoke pouring from the eastside of the building. 

Tulsa Fire tells The News On 6, sprinklers inside building helped put out much of the fire. 

They say pallets of commercial grade filters were stacked too close to an overhead natural gas heater, and because of the cold overnight temperatures, the thermostat turned on the heating system, leading to the fire. 

Crews remained on the scene for over an hour to mop off any hot spots. 

 

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.