1. 1½ cups low-fat buttermilk
2. 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
3. 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
4. 1 teaspoon dried sage
5. 1 teaspoon paprika
6. ½ teaspoon black pepper
7. 2 lbs. chicken pieces, skin removed
8. Non-Stick Cooking Spray
9. 1½ cups panko break crumbs
10. ¼ cup all-purpose flour.
1. Whisk buttermilk, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon thyme, sage, paprika and pepper in large bowl until will blended. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheets with foil; spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Combine bread crumbs, flour, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon thyme in large shallow bowl. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Coat chicken pieces one at a time with crumb mixture. Shake off excess crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheets.
4. Spray tops of chicken pieces with cooking spray. Bake about 50 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear, turning once and spraying with additional cooking spray halfway through the baking time.
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.