How to Prepare and Cook Squash (Microwave Method):
1. Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon.
2. It's especially important, when microwaving, to pierce a few holes in the squash skin with a large knife, skewer or an ice pick to allow steam to escape.
3. Place squash halves, cut side up in a large microwave safe dish with 1/4 cup water.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce the wrap in a few places to allow steam to escape.
5. Microwave on High power for 10 - 20 minutes or until the skin gives easily under pressure (using an oven mitt.) Let stand for a minute or two.
6. Using a fork, scrape the pasta-like insides out onto a service plate or bowl.
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.