Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes and Herbs
How to Prepare and Cook Squash (Microwave Method):
1. Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon.
2. It's especially important, when microwaving, to pierce a few holes in the squash skin with a large knife, skewer or an ice pick to allow steam to escape.
3. Place squash halves, cut side up in a large microwave safe dish with 1/4 cup water.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce the wrap in a few places to allow steam to escape.
5. Microwave on High power for 10 - 20 minutes or until the skin gives easily under pressure (using an oven mitt.) Let stand for a minute or two.
6. Using a fork, scrape the pasta-like insides out onto a service plate or bowl.