2 spray(s) cooking spray
1/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
1 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1 pound(s) uncooked ground chicken breast
1/2 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced
1/4 cup(s) celery, chopped
1/4 cup(s) dried bread crumbs, plain-variety
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp table salt
4 item(s) mixed-grain hamburger roll(s)
2 cup(s) romaine lettuce, shredded
1 large tomato(es), cut into 8 slices
2 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
• Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
• In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce mixture, scallion, celery, bread crumbs, garlic and salt. Using wet hands (to prevent mixture from sticking), form chicken mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties; brush top of burgers with some remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
• Place burgers on grill, sauce side down; brush tops of burgers with remaining sauce. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Lightly toast open-faced buns on grill during last minute of cooking.
• To serve, place 4 bun bottoms on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce, 2 tomato slices, a burger, 1/2 tablespoon of cheese and a bun top (cheese will melt a little from hot burger). Yields 1 burger per serving.
• If you like your food really spicy, give the lettuce and tomato a few shots of hot sauce.
Switching to light hamburger buns reduces each burger to a POINTS value of 5.
POINTS® Value: 6
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
These burgers are Buffalo chicken wing knock-offs. They're brushed with a spicy BBQ sauce and then topped with crumbled blue cheese. Amazing flavor.
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.