Southwestern Taco Soup
Recipe from Karen Pollard of Owensboro, Ky.
Total Time: About 1 hour
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1 ½ cups diced onion
• 1 28 oz. diced tomatoes
• 1 can 15 oz. pinto beans; rinsed and drained
• 1 can 17 oz. whole kernel corn, drained
• 1 cup mild medium or hot picante sauce
• ¾ cup water
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• Salt to taste
• Shredded cheddar cheese
• Fritos or taco chips Directions:
1. Brown ground beef with chopped onion, drain off excess grease
2. Add all other ingredients, except cheese and chips; bring to a low boil.
3. Simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
4. Garnish with shredded cheese and taco chips/fritos.
5. You can garnish with sour cream if you like. Sometimes I add black beans, rinsed and drained too.
Servings: 6-8 depending on size of serving
Comments: We love this and I usually double it to have a big pot on hand.