US-169/SH-266 interchange project – lane closures tonight:
· All lanes of east and westbound SH-266 (46th St. North) are narrowed to one lane in each direction at the US-169 junction until further notice as part of an ongoing interchange improvement project.
· Drivers can expect various lane closures on north and southbound US-169 at the SH-266 junction through August. Plan ahead for extra travel time in the corridor.
· Northbound US-169 will narrow to one open lane and also have rolling stops with all lanes closed for up to 20 minutes at a time from 8 p.m. tonight to 6 a.m. Saturday. Avoid area if possible or plan for extra travel time in the corridor.
· The SH-266 ramp to southbound US-169 will shift to a new section of pavement tonight; drivers are urged to use caution as traffic adjusts.
SH-97/SH-51 narrows at Arkansas River tonight, Avery Dr. narrows daily:
As part of a bridge rehabilitation project, the following closures are scheduled; drivers should plan ahead for extra travel time in these areas or seek an alternate route if possible:
· Various lane closures on north and southbound SH-97/SH-51 from the Arkansas River to Avery Dr. in Sand Springs from 7 p.m. tonight to 6 a.m. Monday and weeknights until further notice.
· Avery Dr. will narrow to one open lane and flagging operations in place under SH-97/SH-51 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays until further notice.
I-44/Lewis Ave. widening project – lane closures Monday:
· The eastbound I-44 on and off ramps at Lewis Ave. are now open to traffic
· Be alert to a new signal at 51st St./Atlanta Ave. for the eastbound I-44 on-ramp traffic.
· The right lane of westbound I-44 will be closed at Lewis Ave. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday. Expect delays in the corridor.
Lane and ramp closures through summer 2014 include:
· All lanes of north and southbound Lewis Ave. are closed at the I-44 junction.
· The westbound I-44 on and off-ramps at Lewis Ave.; Use Harvard Ave. or Peoria Ave. for access to Lewis Avenue.
· The westbound frontage road between Harvard Ave. and Peoria Ave. is narrowed.
US-169 narrows at 91st St. South Monday:
The right lane of southbound US-169 will be closed at 91st St. South from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday for surface testing.
On-going Construction Projects:
SH-51 narrowed near Muskogee Turnpike
Westbound SH-51 is narrowed to one lane between E. 81st St./Houston St. and the Broken Arrow Expressway (near the Muskogee Turnpike entrance) through mid-August for surface repairs. The speed limit is reduced to 45 miles per hour. Expect delays and be alert to crews in the area.
SH-66 narrowed at Mossy Creek:
East and westbound SH-66 is narrowed to one lane in each direction at Mossy Creek until further notice as part of a bridge replacement project.
I-244/Arkansas River bridge project – lane and ramp closures
Lane and ramp closures until further notice include:
· The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 off-ramp to eastbound I-244 (south leg to west leg IDL); follow detour at the southeast corner of the IDL to east and north legs.
· East and westbound I-244 is narrowed to two lanes in each direction between 21st St. to 2nd St.; all traffic is shifted to the westbound I-244 bridge.
· The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 off-ramp to westbound I-244/southbound US-75 (south leg IDL to Arkansas River)
· The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 on-ramp from Denver Avenue.
· The westbound I-244 off-ramp to eastbound US-64/SH-51 (west leg to south leg IDL)
· The eastbound I-244 ramp to 7th Street and the eastbound I-244 ramp from 17th Street.
SH-151 closed at Keystone Dam:
SH-151 is closed to through traffic between the SH-51 and US-412/US-64 junctions until late 2014 for a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers bridge replacement project. Drivers can use SH-48 or SH-97/SH-51 as a detour during this project.
From the City of Tulsa:
Two Lanes to Close on South Lewis Avenue between East 17th Street, East 21st Street for Sanitary Sewer Work Starting Monday, July 28:
The two inside lanes on South Lewis Avenue between East 17th Street and East 21st Street will be closed beginning Monday, July 28, for replacement of a sanitary sewer line. The two outside lanes will remain open for north- and southbound traffic.
The lane closures will be in effect until the work is completed in approximately six to eight weeks.
Street Maintenance Project to Begin on South Peoria Avenue, East 41st Street to East 48th Street:
A street maintenance project for South Peoria Avenue between East 41st Street and East 48th Street will begin on Wednesday, July 9, and lane closures will begin at noon on Tuesday, July 8, in preparation for the work.
Traffic will be limited to one northbound lane and one southbound lane until completion of the project on Friday, July 18. Lane closures will shift as work progresses.
The old street surface will be removed and replaced with a new asphalt overlay. This repaving is meant to preserve the condition of the road until a complete street rehabilitation project is scheduled to begin in Fiscal Year 2019, funded through Improve Our Tulsa General Obligation Bonds.
Temporary Stop Signs to Replace Traffic Signals During Construction at East 61st Street, South 76th East Avenue:
Traffic signals at the intersection of East 61st Street and South 76th East Avenue will be disconnected today and replaced by temporary stop signs during a current waterline construction project and restoration of the roadway afterward.
South 76th East Avenue will be closed on the south side of East 61st Street. On the north side of East 61st Street, the traffic signal at South 76th East Avenue will be replaced by temporary "stop ahead" and "stop" signs. A "cross traffic does not stop" sign also will be placed at the intersection, indicating that eastbound and westbound traffic on East 61st Street will not stop at the intersection.
These changes are related to an ongoing rehabilitation project for a 48-inch waterline on East 61st Street between South Mingo Road and South Sheridan Road. The waterline is scheduled to be back in service by early June. The roadway restoration is scheduled for completion by early August.
At the conclusion of the waterline project and roadway restoration, the traffic signals will be reinstalled for normal traffic flow as it was before.
Rehabilitation Project for Mill Creek Bridge II Pond to Affect Traffic on Creek Turnpike and Creek Turnpike Trail:
A rehabilitation project for the pond in the Mill Creek Bridge II subdivision will affect traffic on the Creek Turnpike and the Creek Turnpike Trail starting Monday, April 7.
One eastbound lane on the Creek Turnpike between South Yale Avenue and South Sheridan Road will be closed on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. from April 7 until the pond project is completed in September. The Creek Turnpike Trail between Yale and Sheridan also will be closed during this project.
Street Rehabilitation Begins on South Memorial Drive between East Admiral Place, East 11th Street; Two Lanes Closed:
Construction on a street rehabilitation project on South Memorial Drive between East Admiral Place and East 11th Street begins Thursday, Oct. 3. Traffic will be limited to one northbound lane and one southbound lane during construction. Completion of the project is scheduled for September 2014.
This work is part of a larger street rehabilitation project that includes the recently completed intersection of Admiral Place and Memorial Drive. The City of Tulsa has contracted with Becco Contractors Inc. for this $5.8 million project funded by the 2008 Third Penny Sales Tax.
Admiral Place, Memorial Drive Intersection Open to Four-Lane Traffic; Ramps to and from I-244 Reopened:
Street reconstruction is complete and four-lane traffic at the intersection of Admiral Place and Memorial Drive was reopened Monday, Sept. 30. The on- and off-ramps to and from Interstate 244 also have been reopened.
The "No Left Turn" signs will remain in place until new traffic signals are installed at the intersection in about 30 days.
Work at the intersection is part of a larger street rehabilitation project that includes Memorial Drive between Admiral Place and East 11th Street. Work will continue soon on Memorial Drive south of Admiral Place.
The City of Tulsa has contracted with Becco Contractors Inc. for this $5.8 million project funded by the 2008 Third Penny Sales Tax. Completion of the entire project is scheduled for August 2014.
From the city of Broken Arrow:
Drainage Structure Installation to affect Traffic on 9th Street near Albany:
Effective Wednesday, June 11th, travel lanes on 9th Street (Lynn Lane) south of Albany (61st Street) will be reduced to only two lanes. Additionally, a no left turn will be posted for northbound traffic on 9th Street, which means drivers will not be allowed to make a left turn onto westbound Albany during daytime hours.
The contractor on the 9th Street construction project is preparing to install a drainage structure just south of Albany on 9th. This will require reduction of travel lanes to only one lane per direction.
These restrictions will be in effect during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and should last only three to four days.
Voters approved widening 9th Street to five lanes from the Broken Arrow Expressway to Albany as part of the 2011 General Obligation Bond program. Construction is expected to be completed in fall 2014.
How safe are Oklahoma's bridges? Use Bridge Tracker to find out now.
Join Lori and local homicide detectives as they search for Cold Case clues.
News On 6 honors our fallen Oklahoma heroes. View our interactive timeline.
Learn more about the events leading up to and following the bombing.
Watch tornadoes tear across Oklahoma and learn how to stay safe!
View a historical road map of Oklahoma's turnpike system.