Electrical Fire Damages Tulsa Warehouse - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Electrical Fire Damages Tulsa Warehouse

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters respond to the fire Thursday morning. Firefighters respond to the fire Thursday morning.
The building is located at 3600 West Skelly Drive. The building is located at 3600 West Skelly Drive.

NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma – Tulsa Firefighters responded to a fire at a warehouse Thursday morning that was later determined to have been caused by an electrical problem.

The fire department received a call of smoke showing at 3600 West Skelly Drive about 9 a.m. Thursday.

Fire crews said the building is a warehouse for Red Bird Mower Supplies. They said the fire broke out on the second floor of the building in an office area, which contained supplies like papers, pallets, and wood.

Hazmat crews were called out to make sure the debris was not dangerous.

"No gasolines, no oils, no kerosenes, which is what we were really worried about," said Captain Alan Barnes, Hazmat team. "Those accelerants can cause a fire to burn a lot hotter and a lot faster."

The fire department said about 30 firefighters responded to the fire.

No one was injured.  Investigators found items used to make meth inside the warehouse, but they later reported that the meth lab did not start the fire - it was started by an electrical problem.

Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.