Source: Illinois Center for Soy Foods
1 8-inch pre-baked graham cracker crust
1 package (12 ounces) extra firm silken tofu
1/2 pound fat-free cream cheese
1 cup fat-free sour cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix tofu, cream cheese, sour cream, cornstarch, and sugar with an electric mixer on low until sugar has dissolved.
- Add butter and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until firm (a knife inserted one inch from the edge will come out clean).
- Chill completely, preferably overnight.
Topping can be added by mixing 3/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup powdered sugar and spreading on top of cooled cheesecake. Fruit topping (cherry or berry pie filling) or chocolate topping can be spread on top of cooled cheesecake.
Makes 8 servings