Zucchini Oven Chips
• 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons fat-free milk (*May substitute egg beaters)
• 2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
• Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.
3. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information: Servings 4; Serving Size ¾ cup; Amount per serving: Calories: 61; Calories from fat: 28%; Fat: 1.9g; Saturated fat: 1g; Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g; Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g; Protein: 3.8g; Carbohydrate: 7.6g; Fiber: 1g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Iron: 0.6mg; Sodium: 231mg; Calcium: 87mg
• 1 small zucchini
• Cooking spray
• 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh okra
• 2 tablespoons chopped onion
• 1 cup chopped tomato
• 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
• Dash of freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, okra, and onion; sauté 4 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
Nutritional Information: Serving 4; Serving Size ½ cup; Amount per serving Calories: 31, Fat: 0.4g; Saturated fat: 0.0g; Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g; Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g; Protein: 1.5g; Carbohydrate: 6.3g; Fiber: 1.3g; Cholesterol: 0.0mg; Iron: 0.0mg; Sodium: 8mg; Calcium: 0.0mg
Looking for a great recipe? Find it now & see how it?s all made by watching recipe videos.
Find the latest health headlines & videos, plus get tips for healthy living.
Looking for a website or event you heard mentioned on The News On 6? Find it here!
Sign up now to receive news, weather, recipes and more from NewsOn6.com
Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.
Find decadent dessert recipes that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Need a drink recipe? Find the drink you need here.
Live a healthier lifestyle with these healthy cooking recipes.
Vary your dinner menu with these easy seafood recipes.
Thinking about going vegetarian? Try some of these tasty recipes!