Honey mustard chicken salad
Recipe from Robert & Mary Bowles from Moss Bluff, La.
4 chicken breast cut into strips
4 Boiled eggs
Salad Greens (lettuce or anything else you normally put in your salads)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup green onions chopped
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 cup of honey
¾ cup of mustard
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Mix together in a bowl the honey, mustard, vinegar & red pepper flakes and set aside.
2. Boil the Eggs, Cool & Slice, set aside.
3. Prepare Salad Greens in Large Bowl
4. Chop Green Onions and set aside
5. In a medium size skillet add enough vegetable oil or vegetable spray to keep the chicken from sticking. Turn Heat to Med/High. Add chicken strips and cook until white. Add about ½ of the prepared honey/mustard dressing to the chicken, turning chicken to coat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until slightly caramelized or lightly browned. Remove from heat.
6. Put salad greens in serving bowls and drizzle with small amount of Italian dressing.
7. Add green onions and shredded cheese.
8. Place desired amount of cooked chicken strips on top of salad and drizzle with a spoonful of the remaining honey/mustard dressing
9. Garnish with slices of eggs
Add a piece of Garlic Toast and you have an entire Meal. Enjoy