• ¾ cup Flour, all purpose, unbleached, enriched
• 10tbsp Oats, rolled, old fashioned , separated
• 4 ½ Tbs. packed brown sugar , separated
• 1tsp low sodium baking powder
• ½ tsp. baking soda
• 5/8 tsp. ground cinnamon , separated
• ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
• ¼ tsp. ground allspice
• 1/8 tsp. salt
• ½ cup Pumpkin, canned, unsalted
• 1Egg, large, raw , beaten slightly
• ½ cup fat free milk
• 2tsp Margarine, 80% fat , melted
• 1 ½ tsp. grated orange peel
• cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place 6 paper baking cups into the muffin tin and spray with the vegetable cooking spray.
2. Mix together the flour, ½ cup rolled oats, ¼ cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the pumpkin, egg, milk, and margarine together.
4. Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture and pour the pumpkin mixture in it. Mix just enough to moisten all of the ingredients.
5. Fill the muffin cups until they are almost full.
6. Mix the 2 tablespoons oats, ½ tablespoon brown sugar, orange zest, and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon together in a bowl and sprinkle on top of the muffins.
7. Bake the muffins for about 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before taking them out of the tin then serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings; Amount Per Serving: Calories 164.1; Total Carbs 30.6g; Dietary Fiber 2 g; Sugars 12.5g; Total Fat 2.7g Saturated Fat 0.6g; Unsaturated Fat 2.2g; potassium 149.4mg; Protein 5g; Sodium 194.5mg
Dietary Exchanges: ¼ Fat, ½ Other Carbohydrate, 1 Starch