Tulsa Police And Tulsa Public Schools To Hold Teen Forum
TULSA, Oklahoma -- The Mayor's Police and Community Coalition along with Tulsa Public Schools Youth Forum will be holding an event Thursday morning at Fulton Teaching and Learning Academy.
The forum is open to invited teens and the public, is designed to familiarize Tulsa Public Schools high school students issues involving Tulsa Police and teenagers.
Some of the topics to be covered during the forum include:
- Law enforcement officers as "real people"
- Reasons for police stops
- Appropriate and inappropriate behavior during police stops
- Avoiding gang involvement
- Information on community policing
- Principles of student responsibility and accountability for behaviors that may result in police contact
- Ideas on how to help create schools and communities that are safe and secure
The Mayor's Police and Community Coalition is a diverse advisory committee that addresses issues affecting police/community relations and helps develop recommendations and best practices designed to enhance trust.
Again, the forum is from 9:30 a.m. until noon at Fulton Teaching and Learning Academy at 8906 East 34th Street.