To sign up for text alerts following these directions.
- Using a computer go to NewsOn6.com/MobileAlert6
- Click the "Start Now" button
- Fill out all the required information
- Click "Create Account"
- On the page that opens enter your cell phone number
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"
- Keep this page open, a text message will be sent to you with a confirmation code. Enter that code into the box near the "Save Changes" button.
- Click "Save Changes"
- Hover over the word "Home," the word "Instant Text Alerts" will appear, click on "Instant Text Alerts"
- Locate the alert you wish to receive and click the "Edit" link
- From the list check the box next to the alert you want to get
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save"
The alerts offered from NewsOn6.com include the following.
- Breaking News
- Morning News Headlines
- Afternoon News Headlines
- Daily Weather Forecast
- Severe Weather Alerts
- School Closings
- OSU, OU and TU Scores and Breaking News
- Sports Breaking News
- High School Football Scores
Get the latest news, weather and sports information from News On 6 sent directly to your cell phone. It's easy! Just text the short code below.
- Breaking News: Text "NEWSB" to 79640
- Morning News Headlines: Text "HLM" to 79640
- Afternoon News Headlines: Text "HLA" to 79640
- Daily Weather Forecast: Text "WFD" to 79640
- OSU News: Text "OSU" to 79640
- OU News: Text "OU" to 79640
- TU News: Text "TU" to 79640
Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP to 79640 for help. Text STOP to 79640 to cancel. For full rules/terms, please click here. You must have a two way text enabled phone with compatible carrier and plan.
Text messaging is not available in all areas of the United States.
Note: School closings text alerts will be sent from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. and are sent when the school contacts News On 6. Users may receive a second school closings text message the day of the closing at 6 a.m.