Smoke From Dishwasher Fire Awakens Tulsa Homeowner - - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - |

Smoke From Dishwasher Fire Awakens Tulsa Homeowner

Posted: Updated:
TULSA, Oklahoma -

A Tulsa homeowner escaped injury when his dishwasher caught fire early Monday.

Firefighters got the call at about 3 a.m. to the home in the 2600 block of South Columbia Place.

Firefighters said the flames were contained to the appliance and surrounding cabinets. 

They said the homeowner was awakened by the smell of smoke, because the home's smoke detectors did not go off.

Special Features

Live Traffic

Get the latest road conditions on Green Country roadways.

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

CBS Shows

Watch your favorite CBS shows for free online.


Looking for a website or event you heard mentioned on News On 6? Find it here!

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by Frankly
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103 is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOTV. Oklahoma Traveler™ is a registered trademark of Griffin Communications. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.