Cigarette Blamed For Sparking Tulsa Garage Fire - - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - |

Cigarette Blamed For Sparking Tulsa Garage Fire

Posted: Updated:
The home is located near Edison and Xenophon. The home is located near Edison and Xenophon.
TULSA, Oklahoma -

Tulsa firefighters said a discarded cigarette started a fire in a home's garage late Wednesday.

Tulsa Fire got the call at 11:45 p.m. to a home near Edison and Xenophon.

Fire officials said someone in the home flipped a cigarette onto a mattress in the garage, causing the mattress to catch fire. Firefighters were able to stop the fire before it spread to the rest of the home.

No one was injured.

Special Features

Community Calendar

Find out what's going on around town and submit events!


See it! Shoot it! Send it! Share your weather pics and videos with!

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Mobile Alerts

Get breaking news, headlines, weather alerts & more on your cell phone.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

WARN Interactive
Powered by WorldNow
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
Oklahoma's Own is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state including Tulsa's Own and Green Country's Own.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014, WorldNow and KOTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.