Icy Conditions Cause Power Outages Around Oklahoma - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

NEWS

Icy Conditions Cause Power Outages Around Oklahoma

Posted: Updated:
[File Photo] [File Photo]
ENID, Oklahoma -

Many homes are without power as a massive ice storm strafes across much of the state of Oklahoma this weekend.

According to OG&E, as of 10 p.m. Saturday, about 9,400 customers across Oklahoma are without power, including 4,500 customers in the Oklahoma City metro area. Also important to note that SystemWatch does not include areas that have less than 50 outages.

Ice and freezing rain coating trees and power lines is responsible for many outages.

OG&E's Full List Of Power Outages

To report an outage, contact OG&E at (800)-522-6870 if you are outside the metro, and (405)-272-9595 if you are inside the metro.

According to OGE, crews expect to have approximately 60 percent of Metro OKC restored Saturday night and the remaining 40 percent back on by Sunday evening. Crews working throughout the night.

Special Features

iPhone App

Get breaking news, weather, sports & video directly on your iPhone.

Mobile Alerts

Get breaking news, headlines, weather alerts & more on your cell phone.

Radars

See where weather is happening using our live interactive radars.

Classifieds

Use our free classifieds to find the things you need or sell your items.

TV Schedule

Need to know what's on TV? Check out our television schedule.

Live Radar

ESP Interactive
Powered by WorldNow
News On 6
303 N. Boston Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74103
TULSA'S OWN TM
GREEN COUNTRY'S OWN TM
Oklahoma's Own Newson6.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state including Tulsa's Own and Green Country's Own.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014, WorldNow and KOTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.