Smoldering Charcoal Sends Firefighters To Tulsa Apartment Complex
TULSA, Oklahoma - Smoke from a small charcoal grill on the second floor balcony of an apartment complex prompted a response from the Tulsa Fire Department late Tuesday.
Firefighters got the call to the Riverside Park apartments in the 7700 block of South Riverside Drive. A resident of the apartment said he thought he had extinguished the coals in his grill, but they were still smoldering when firefighters arrived at 11:30 p.m.
Firefighters had to cut away a portion of the balcony and a wall to put out the fire.
They said no one was evacuated and no one was hurt because of the fire.