Young Catoosa Fire Victim To Be Laid To Rest Wednesday
CATOOSA, Oklahoma - Services for a young girl who died in a Rogers County fire will be held in Wednesday morning. Family, friends and other community members will gather to remember Lauren Creel at 10 a.m. December 17, 2014, at the Catoosa High School Activity Center.
Lauren, her sister Tori and mother Lisa were all home when an old electric cord sparked a fire. A neighbor was able to catch Tori when she jumped from a second-story bedroom, and Lisa escaped, but the fire claimed Lauren's life.
Another sister, Jessica Repschlaeger, contacted News On 6 with news of the services and thanks for the support the family has received.
"We're having an outpouring of compassion from the community," Jessica said. "It's just been amazing, the compassion we've been receiving."
Tori is doing well physically and did not break anything when she jumped from the upstairs bedroom, according to her sister.
"She's having survivor's guilt," Jessica said. "She's having to wear a boot to support her leg, but it's just a miracle that she didn't fracture anything from jumping down that high."
Lisa Creel, the girls' mother, is physically fine but devastated by Lauren's loss.
"We all are," Jessica said. "We have our moments when we just break down, and we have our moments of strength as well."
A donation account has been established at RCB Bank for the Creel family whose home was destroyed by the fire.