Unite T-Town Vigil Held Tuesday Evening At Booker T. Washington
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsans from all walks off life will come together at Booker T. Washington High School Tuesday night for a rally for peace. It begins at 7 p.m.
Organizers say they put together the event after recent acts of violence throughout the country. Tulsa Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Deborah Gist will be among the speakers at the event - called Unite T-Town.
It is free and open to the public.
Some of the speakers on tap for the event include:
- Marvin Blades, 100 Black Men
- Anthony Cherry, Tulsa Classroom Teachers Association
- Russel Lacour, President of National Association of Black Journalists
- Deborah A. Gist, Superintendent, Tulsa Public Schools
- Corey Myers, Tulsa Police Detective and President of Tulsa Black Officer Coalition
- Kavin Ross, Historian of Greenwood and Black Wall Street District
- Eunice Tarver, Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion, TCC Northeast Campus
- Lana Turner-Addison, Tulsa Public Schools Board President
- Matthias Wicks, Deputy Chief of Tulsa Public Schools
- James Young, Men of Power
Booker T. Washington is located at 1514 East Zion Street.