Blueberry Breakfast Bake
Monday, November 28th 2016, 9:13 AM CST
- 1 (12-ounce) day-old baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint blueberries, divided
- 12 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Place half of the bread cubes in a buttered 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries, reserving a few for garnish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually add milk until blended. Pour half over bread. Top with remaining bread, then remaining cheese mixture. Cover and chill overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350ºF about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 25 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with reserved blueberries. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Per Serving: 260 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 235mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 28g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 23g sugar), 9g protein.