Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Thursday, February 9th 2017, 1:44 PM CST
- 1-16 oz. carton strawberries
- 8 oz. dark chocolate
- 8 oz. colored chocolate melts
- assorted sprinkles and toppings
- Rinse and dry the strawberries.
- Softly pat strawberries dry using a cloth, eliminating all water on the berries prior to dipping them in chocolate.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate for 1 minute and stir. Continue melting the chocolate for shorter intervals until the chocolate has a smooth texture and is thoroughly melted. Be sure to melt the chocolate slowly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Do the same for the colored chocolate melts.
- Prepare the assorted sprinkles and toppings so they are easily accessible to coat berries following dipping them in the chocolate.
- Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip it into the melted chocolate to cover the berry with the desired amount.
- Allow any excess chocolate to drip off and then coat with the desired assortment of sprinkles or topping.
- Place on the wax paper. Repeat the process for the remaining strawberries.
- Place completed strawberries in a small baking cup and box as needed.
- Strawberries can be placed on a skewer or decorative straw through the stem end and wrapped in food-safe cellophane paper, tied with a ribbon and presented as a bouquet.
- Strawberries can also be arranged in a small vase or glass filled with chocolate chips or candies to hold them in place. Tie a ribbon around the base, and it can be used as a centerpiece for the table.