Andolini's Fried Mozzarella
Friday, March 24th 2017, 12:50 pm CDT
- One ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, one that roughly fills one hand.
- 2 cups of flour
- .5 teaspoon paprika
- .5 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 bowls
- salt to taste
- pecorino romano cheese to taste
- enough marinara for dipping finished slices
- Add vegetable oil to approximately 1/2” deep to a skillet, heat to frying temperature
- Slice the mozzarella into 1/4” thick slices
- In one bowl, mix 1 cup of flour, paprika, and garlic powder together
- In another bowl, mix Panko style bread crumbs and 1 cup of flour together
- In last bowl, crack egg and lightly mix to combine yolk and white
- For each slice of mozzarella, coat in flour mixture, then dip in egg wash, and then dip into flour / Panko mix
- Lightly fry each slice in vegetable oil using tongs to flip over after 3 min. Fry 3 minutes each side.
- Place fried slices on plate and sprinkle each with a pinch of salt and pecorino romano. Serve with a side of marinara.