TULSA COUNTY, Oklahoma - Firefighters battled a large house fire Sunday night near Jenks at 117th St. South and Tacoma Avenue, but everyone made it out safely, officials said.

When firefighters arrived, they said the fire was already through the roof. Firefighters from Jenks and Glenpool responded.

They said there were no hydrants near the house, so they had to run long lines to get water to it.

A man was asleep inside the home and woke up when he smelled smoke. We're told he was able to escape through the window and wasn't hurt, but EMSA took him to the hospital to be treated for a pre-existing medical condition.

Witnesses said the home was recently being remodeled. Firefighters said the man admitted he had a burn pile going on earlier in the day.

The large structure was fully engulfed in flames as firefighters battled the blaze.