Roasted Carrots With Avocado
Wednesday, April 19th 2017, 8:11 AM CDT
- 1 bunch of carrots, approximately 10-12 medium carrots (any color of carrots)
- ¾ teaspoons of cumin
- ½ teaspoons of coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 avocados, cubed
- Chopped cilantro to taste (2 Tablespoons- ¼ cup)
- Optional: salad greens of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel carrots and chop into ¼ inch slices.
- Combine carrots, cumin, coriander, salt and olive oil and mix well
- Roast carrots in the oven 20-25 minutes (or until desired doneness)
- Transfer carrots to a large bowl. Squeeze juice of lemon over the carrots and stir well. Add avocado cubes and cilantro and carefully mix.
- Serve as is or over salad greens
Recipe doubles well.