Ginger-Soy Poached Salmon
Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 8:53 AM CDT
- 1 cup Rich Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- ½ tablespoon Fresh Chopped Garlic
- Sliced fresh salmon fillets
- Chives for garnishing
Napa Cabbage Slaw:
- 1 cup Napa Cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup Shredded Carrots
- ½ cup Fresh Bean Sprouts
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Sweet Marukan Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Chives
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients for the slaw in a mixing bowl, adjust seasonings as needed, set aside.
- Combine the broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, hot sauce, ginger & garlic together in a skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat.
- Slice raw salmon fillet very thin at a bias and arrange in shallow bowled plate.
- Ladle boiling broth over salmon till just covered; allow hot broth to cook the thin salmon fillets.
- Mound Napa cabbage slaw over top of salmon and garnish with fresh chives.