Sesame Lime Chicken Salad -- Beet, Mozzarella And Greens Salad
Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 1:17 PM CDT
Sesame-Lime Chicken Salad on Baby Kale
- ¾ cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- ½ small red bell pepper
- ½ cup bagged matchstick carrots
- 1 sliced scallion
- 1 ½ Tablespoon fresh lime juice (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup baby kale
- Chicken Salad
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Combine ¾ cup shredded cooked chicken breast (3 oz.), ½ small red bell pepper cut into thin, bite-size stripes, ½ cup bagged matchstick carrots, 1 sliced scallion, 1 ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice (or to taste), 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce, and 1 tsp dark sesame oil.
- Line a plate with 1 cut baby kale, top with chicken salad and 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro.
Beet, Mozzarella and Greens Salad
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed mixed baby greens
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 (8.8 ounce) package pre-cooked beets, sliced
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Whisk together vinegar, water, oil, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide greens and basil between 2 plates. Arrange beets evenly over greens. Top evenly with mozzarella and pine nuts. Drizzle with dressing.