Cuban Flank Steak With Lime And Fresh Mango
Monday, June 19th 2017, 12:59 PM CDT
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tablespoons packed fresh oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ lb. lean flank steak
- 2 medium firm-ripe mangoes, sliced
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- In a blender, combine lime zest and juice, orange zest and juice, oil, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Reserve 3 Tbsp. marinade for serving. Place steak in a wide, shallow bowl; pour remaining marinade over steak and let sit, uncovered, at room temperature while you heat grill, about 10 minutes (or cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight).
- Heat grill (or broiler) to high.
- Remove steak from marinade, brushing off any solid bits. Grill over direct heat (or under broiler), turning once, until desired degree of doneness is reached, about 5-minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Thinly slice steak across grain and drizzle with reserved marinade; serve with mango slices and lime wedges.