Green Bean Tomato Salad
Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 8:19 AM CDT
- 1 lb. green beans
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Handful of fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon
- Slices of fresh mozzarella (optional)
- Steam or boil green beans to desired doneness (around 5 minutes for either method to achieve tender crisp beans). Drain beans into a colander and run under cold water to stop cooking process.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked beans and sliced onions to the vinaigrette in the bowl and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- To serve: place 2-3 tomato slices on each plate and sprinkle with salt.
- If using mozzarella, top each tomato slice with a slice of mozzarella.
- Spoon a portion of green beans on top. Spoon any remaining vinaigrette over green beans.
- Sprinkle each with basil and scallions.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice on top of each plate
- Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side