- 1- 14oz. dough
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - enough to cover your dough thinly, a few ounces
- 18 oz. or so of Ricotta cheese
- 7 oz. of shredded or diced mozzarella
- meatball slices, 12 good sized slices, pre-cooked
- 12 oz. of pizza sauce
- .5 tbsp of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees and preheat a pizza stone in your oven, if you have one. Ideally, give the stone and oven 30 minutes to come fully to temperature before baking the pie.
- In the meantime, push out your dough to form a 14” pizza crust.
- Place on a lightly oiled pan for easy transfer to the stone when it’s time to bake.
- Use the back of a spoon to gently spread a thin sheen of EVOO over the dough, leaving the outer 1" clear.
- Using a 1 oz. portioner, drop dollops of Ricotta cheese evenly over the pizza.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the entire pizza.
- Layer on the meatball slices, adding a dollop of pizza sauce on top of each slice.
- Transfer pizza to hot stone. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove pizza from oven, and top with a sprinkling of pecorino romano cheese.