Pumpkin Pie Mousse
Thursday, November 9th 2017, 12:05 PM CST
- 1(14-ounce) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1(15-ounce) Can Pumpkin
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 15 Ginger Snaps (Crushed)
- 2 Cups Candied Pecans(recipe at bottom)
- In a medium saucepan cook the condensed milk over medium heat until it begins to get darker in color, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the condensed milk begins to darken mix in the pumpkin and reduce the heat to medium-low, cook until the mixture begins to bubble. About 4-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
- While the pumpkin mixture is cooking whip the heavy cream in a stand mixture to a “Stiff Peak” stage.
- Add 1/3 of the pumpkin mixture to the whipped cream and stir together with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Once it is mixed together fold in the remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Put mixture into a shallow container and cover. Chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- After the mousse is completely chilled evenly divide the crushed gingersnaps into serving vessels (small bowls, ramekins, martini glasses or hollowed out pumpkins).
- Garnish the top with the Candied Pecans.