Chicken Broccoli And Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- 20oz sweet potatoes peeled and diced into ¾-inch cubes (2 medium, about 3 cups)
- 4Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced into pieces (about 1 ¼-inches. Keep them close to the same size so they all cook even)
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- ½ of a medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp of each dried thyme, sage, parsley and rosemary
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup pecans, whole or roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a mound on a rimmed 18x13-inch baking sheet. Pour 1tbsp over top and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread into an even layer and roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While potatoes roast, chop and prep remaining ingredients.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and add chicken pieces, broccoli florets and red onion around sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle everything with remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil (focusing mostly on the broccoli so it doesn’t dry) and toss with a spatula to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle evenly with thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary, nutmeg and about 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- Toss again to evenly coat with seasonings and spread out evenly (try not to overlap chicken pieces).
- Return to oven and roast about 16-20 minutes longer, tossing once halfway through, until chicken registers 165 degrees in center.
- Toss in pecans and cranberries.
- Serve immediately