Savory Fruit Over Pound Cake & Orange Salad Dressing
Thursday, November 30th 2017, 2:18 pm CST
Savory Fruit Over Pound Cake
- 12 oz. dried prunes
- 6 oz. dried apricots
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- ½ fresh orange, unpeeled and sliced thin
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 1-2 T. Cranberry Rosemary herbal vinegar
- Simmer dried fruit and orange slices in water to cover for 30 minutes or until soft. Add rosemary sprigs and vinegar. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Before serving, remove rosemary sprigs. Serve at room temperature over your favorite pound cake. This may be refrigerated, but be sure to bring to room temp before serving.
Orange Salad Dressing
- ½ teaspoon grated orange rind
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ c. canola oil
- 2 T. sugar
- 3 T. Cranberry Rosemary herbal vinegar
- 1 T. lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- Arrange chilled Boston lettuce on individual plates. Add avocado, rings of red onion and cucumber and oranges (mandarin or sections of fresh oranges.) Drizzle with dressing just before serving.