Pan Roasted Duck Breast In Sherry Sauce
Thursday, December 7th 2017, 12:31 pm CST
- 4 duck breasts
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- 1/8 cup Sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 TBLS butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat skillet to medium high.
- Score duck fat almost all the way through on a crosshatch pattern.
- Liberally salt and pepper top and bottom - rub into crosshatch.
- Allow seasoned breasts to warm to room temperature - 15-30 minutes.
- Add a small amount of oil to heated pan and allow to heat.
- Lay duck skin side down in a pan, shaking slightly to avoid sticking.
- Cook 4-6 minutes until skid side is crispy.
- Turn and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove to sheet tray and put it in the oven.
- Cook 6 minutes more until internal temperature is 135 degrees.
- Remove and rest 10 minutes tented with foil.
- Slice and serve on Sherry Sauce.
Directions Sherry Sauce
- Drain all but 2 TBLS of duck fat from pan
- Add onion, mushroom and garlic - cook until softened, 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze with Sherry and vinegar - reduce to almost dry.
- Add cilantro and stock and reduce to 50 percent.
- Add butter in small pieces and swirl pan till melted.
- Plate and place duck on top.
- Garnish with cilantro.