Tulsa Gets Ready For A 'Storybook' Christmas Parade
TULSA, Oklahoma - The City of Tulsa is preparing for this weekend's Christmas Parade. Everyone is putting on the finishing touches.
The parade moves to the afternoon this year, starting at 2 p.m., and this is the first time since 1970 that some self-propelled floats will be used.
"So many parades now days don't have that fun feature, and it's Tulsa. So let's do something unique; let's do something during the day; let's make it family friendly and it fits - it's a Christmas parade," said Arthur Greeno, parade chair.
The theme this year is A Storybook Christmas. The parade benefits Soldier's Wish, a group that helps soldiers and veterans in need.
News On 6 meteorologist Stacia Knight said even though the parade is in the afternoon, but sure to dress warmly in case you're in the shade of downtown Tulsa buildings. Temperatures are only supposed to be in the mid to upper 40s, and it will be breezy.
Other weekend Christmas parades:
Friday, December 8th
- Tahlequah Christmas Parade – 6 p.m. – Von Castor
- Skiatook Christmas Parade – 7 p.m. – Travis Meyer, Lori Fullbright and Darren Stephens
Saturday, December 9th
- Owasso Christmas Parade – 9 a.m. – Rich Lenz, Michael Grogan and Wendell Neal
- Collinsville Christmas Parade – 11 a.m. – Michael Grogan and Wendell Neal
- Catoosa Christmas Parade – 2 p.m. – Von Castor and Darren Stephens
- Tulsa Christmas Parade – 2 p.m. – Travis Meyer, LeAnne Taylor, Terry Hood, Rich Lenz, Craig Day, Alan Crone and Dave Davis
- Claremore Christmas Parade – 5:30 p.m. - Von Castor and Darren Stephens
- Dewey Christmas Parade – 5:30 p.m. – Pascal van Schijndel
- Sapulpa Christmas Parade – 6 p.m. – Lacey Swope
- Henryetta Christmas Parade – 6:30 p.m. – Stacia Knight and Brandon Welles
2017 Tulsa Christmas Parade Route: