Delectable Broccoli Soup
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 medium onions finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups Sprouts Organic Super Greens or Baby Spinach
- 2 parsnips peeled and finely chopped (if parsnips are unavailable, 2 small turnips can be substituted)
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 Rapunzel No Salt Added Bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon Himalaya pink salt
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Sprouted pumpkin seeds and 2 teaspoons unsweetened coconut milk to garnish
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil and add onion, garlic, carrots, parsnips, celery and broccoli and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover pot and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the greens, and then add lemon juice and using an immersion blender, blend until the soup until smooth.
- Garnish with a teaspoon of coconut milk and sprinkle with sprouted pumpkin seeds and serve.
- Serves 4.