Firefighters: Wiring Problem Sparked Tulsa Apartment Fire
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Tulsa Fire Department says a small fire broke out Monday evening in one of the bathrooms of an apartment near I-44 and Yale.
TFD responded to the fire at the Balboa Park Apartments as they put out the fire that they say started with a wiring problem in one of the bathrooms. The fire then caught a rafter on fire then spread into the attic.
Tulsa firefighters found the fire and got it extinguished quickly.
TFD had PSO cut the power to a few apartments.
As of 10 p.m. Monday, eight people have been displaced by the fire.
Red Cross is helping residents find a place to stay.
A Tulsa Fire district chief says he doesn't expect several apartments in the complex to have power for several days.