Shrimp Caesar Salad In Parmesan Cups
Monday, February 5th 2018, 11:42 AM CST
- 1/3 cup croutons, smashed
- ¼ cup Panera® Caesar Dressing, split
- 16 rounded tbsp. parmesan cheese, shredded (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 16 shrimp, peeled & deveined, 31/35 count
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place rounded tablespoons of parmesan cheese on a parchment-lined baking sheet, about 1-2” apart, spreading out slightly keeping a circle shape. Bake for 6 minutes until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Allow to cool for 20 seconds before carefully transferring to an inverted mini-muffin pan.
- Quickly mold cheese over cups to form bowl shapes. Allow to cool before removing, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a plastic, zip-top bag, combine shrimp and 2 tbsp. Caesar dressing, making sure shrimp is coated evenly.
- Allow to marinate for 15 minutes. Remove any excess dressing and sauté shrimp in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- In a bowl, toss shredded romaine, smashed croutons, and remaining 2 tbsp. dressing.
- To assemble, place 1 tbsp. of salad mixture into each parmesan cup and top with a shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
- Parmesan cups can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container. Best to work with a few (4-5) at a time to keep cheese from hardening too quickly. If it does harden before being able to mold it, place back in oven for 30 seconds. Pre-shredded parmesan works better than freshly shredding yourself.
- Place croutons in a plastic, zip-top bag and smash into ¼” pieces using a rolling pin.