Shrimp Cocktail With Spicy Dipping Sauce & Black Bean-Tomatillo Dip
Monday, February 19th 2018, 9:08 AM CST
Shrimp Cocktail With Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish, ¼ tsp Sriracha (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 oz. chilled large cooked shrimp
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together 1 ½ Tbsp ketchup, 1 Tbsp plain fat-free Greek yogurt, 1 tsp prepared horseradish, ¼ tsp Sriracha (or to taste), and pinch of salt.
- Use as a dipping sauce with 3 oz. chilled large cooked shrimp.
Black Bean-Tomatillo Dip
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 oz.) can tomatillo, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Thinly sliced scallions and chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Combine beans, tomatillos, and oil in food processor and pulse until chunky puree forms.
- Transfer bean mixture to large bowl and add remaining ingredients; stir until well combined, mixing in additional water if needed to reach desired consistency. Garnish, if desired.
Tip: Serve the dip with any fresh veggies you have on hand. Carrots, mini cucumbers, and radishes make a colorful and flavorful selection.