Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 1:24 PM CST
- 2 lbs. Gulf Shrimp deveined and shelled
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbs Worcestershire
- 2 tbs Bacon oil
- 4 slices of cooked & chopped bacon
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- White wine
Spice Blend - 1 tsp of each of the following:
- Rosemary (dry)
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Coriander Seed
- Old Bay
- *Cayenne (1/2 tsp)
- Thyme (dry)
- Mix spice blend ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Pat dry shrimp of any excess liquid or moisture. Preheat an extra large skillet on high heat.
- Add bacon oil and shrimp to screaming hot skillet.
- Sauté for a minute and then toss in garlic and half bunch of cut and cleaned scallions.
- Carefully splash a couple of tablespoons of white wine and flambé until alcohol cooks down. And butter, Worcestershire and half of spice blend. Let simmer for 3 minutes occasionally folding over ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover with remaining scallions and bacon.
- Use remaining blend for extra table spice.
- Serve hot over rice, steak, chicken, fish.
- Cooking times may vary depending on size of shrimp.