Veggies Saute Italianiano
TULSA, Oklahoma - Ingredients:
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- ½ to 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup diced portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup diced asparagus
- 2 to 3 tbsp. golden balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Penzey’s Mural of Flavor
- 2 to 3 cups Sprouts Super Greens or dark leafy greens of your choice, chopped roughly
- Cut all vegetables into a fine dice. If you prefer bite-sized pieces, cook for a little longer amount of time to make the veggies crisp-tender.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and add olive oil, onions, red cabbage, and bell pepper and sauté for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the vegetables except the dark leafy greens and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the spice blend. Stir constantly and add the desired amount of balsamic vinegar and mix well. Add the dark leafy greens in batches stirring constantly, to wilt down. When greens are wilted, serve.
*To give a variety of flavors, pick different spice blends such as Spike Natural Gourmet Seasoning (no-salt added), Italian blend, Penzeys Mural of Flavor*, Mexican blend, etc.
*Eat this blend of veggies hot or cold. Reheat and add to sandwiches, quesadillas, tacos, burritos, scrambled eggs, etc. Use different veggies as desired such as seasonal spring and summer vegetables – asparagus, dandelion greens, eggplant, hot peppers for added heat and spiciness, yellow squash, broccoli, whole okra, etc. Create your own blends and get a lot of color into the mix.
*Penzeys Spices can be ordered online at penzeys.com. They have a variety of spice blends including tasty salt-free blends.