Pan Seared Salmon & Quinoa Salad
Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 10:51 AM CDT
Pan Seared Salmon
- 4 fillets of salmon
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- Heat oil in a non-stick sauté pan on medium high heat. Season the fillets of salmon with spices on both sides.
- Place fillets skin side up and cook until golden brown, flip and continue cooking until desired doneness, and skin is nice and crispy. (about 5-6 minutes).
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup edamame (shelled)
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup green onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 large lemon (juiced)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparation: 10min › Cook 20min › Ready in 30min
- Pour the water into a saucepan then cover with a lid. Bring to a boil over high heat then stir in the quinoa, re-cover and continue to simmer over low heat until the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrape into a mixing bowl and chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- Once cold, stir in the red onion, edamame, tomatoes, carrot, and herbs. Whisk lemon juice and olive oil together and pour over salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill before serving.