Firefighter Falls Through Ceiling At Tulsa House Fire
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa firefighter was sent to the hospital after falling through a ceiling Sunday night.
TFD said the fire started around 8 p.m. when a mattress caught fire in the garage of a home near 31st and S. Garnett.
TFD said the firefighter was searching the attic for extensions when he fell through the ceiling. They said he is fine but was taken to the hospital to get checked out.
TFD said the fire was contained to the garage with the rest of the house receiving light smoke damage.
The family who lived there was able to get out safely and is receiving accommodations from the Red Cross.